It’s officially Autumn! When I shared my favorite books for an emerging reader video, I had a lot of requests to share my favorite picture books as well. I thought I’d do a little series on my favorite picture books by season. Keep reading to see my favorite non-halloween themed fall picture books!
Fall Picture Books We Love
Fall picture books aren’t just pumpkin books! Today I’m sharing some unconventional fall books and none of them are about Halloween! Furthermore, only two of them are about pumpkins! The rest are about trees, leaves, apples, birds, and seasonal living. I hope you are able to enjoy these and maybe even add some to your home library.
Here are some of our favorites:
01. Apples to Oregon by Deborah Hopkinson
02. How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy Maestro
03. How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman
04. Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall
05. Because of An Acorn by Lola Schaefer
06. Trees, Leaves, and Bark by Diane Burns
07. The Story of the Root Children by Sibylle von Olfers
08. Growing Vegetable Soup by Lois Ehlert
09. Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
10. Have You Heard the Nesting Bird by Rita Gray
11. Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn by Kenard Pak
14. The Scarecrow’s Dance by Jane Yolen
15. Pelle’s New Suit by Elsa Beskow
16. From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
17. Pumpkin, Pumpkin by Jean Titherington
Watch the Fall Picture Books Video
I hope that this blog post about our favorite fall picture books is helpful to you and your family! Thank you so much for reading!
Join the Charlotte Mason Motherhood Community
Connect with like-minded homeschool moms. Get exclusive videos, monthly Q&A sessions, free downloads and more!
It is so nice to see another like-minded family who doesn’t “do Halloween”. You are correct that it is difficult to find pumpkin books without it! We love so many of these books too. And it is fun to see some new ideas!!