I just shared my three ingredient creamy vegan Alfredo sauce on Instagram stories and the response was overwhelming. Therefore, I think I need to write this so it’s in one place for me to share easily. 😉 This is a recipe I kind of just made up. It’s absolutely delicious, nutrient-dense, and quick to make for a weeknight meal.
Three Ingredient Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This simple vegan Alfredo sauce will blow your mind! You only need three ingredients plus a little salt and pepper to make the sauce. It goes great with any type of pasta and veggies. We love the Eat Banza chickpea pasta and peas, mushrooms, and asparagus with this particular dish. However, do not be afraid to try something different!
Three Ingredient Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe
2 cups raw cashews (soaked in filtered water overnight in fridge) then drained + rinsed right before preparing recipe
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups any veggies, roasted beforehand (I typically use asparagus, peas, and mushrooms)
- Pasta of your choice, cooked (we love the Eat Banza chickpea pasta)
- Soak cashews overnight in fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook, drain and rinse cashews. Transfer them to a blender.
- In Vitamix, blend cashews, garlic, and water on high until thick and creamy.
- Once your pasta is ready and your veggies are heated, add the cashew alfredo sauce to the veggies and stir. Let it heat up, and once it starts bubbling I add salt and pepper. (I make the pasta before I blend the alfredo sauce, and I usually use leftover roasted veggies from the night before, so it takes me less than ten minutes to prepare this meal.)
- Add the pasta to the sauce + veggies and you’re done!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: I love this with lots of salt and pepper but I usually season it at the table since I don’t want my two young children to be eating a ton of salt at this point. Keep in mind though, the salt and pepper are what make it taste super flavorful so be sure to add enough to taste!
I hope you enjoy these delicious vegan Alfredo sauce. Let me know if you try them out! Use the hashtag #livingincoloreats to share on Instagram so I can share too!
Thank you so much for reading!