Looking for an easy, nutritious, and filling breakfast? Look no further. I’ve got it right here! These southwest tofu scramble breakfast sandwiches are absolutely delicious! Keep reading to see how you make them. It takes about fifteen minutes total!
Southwest Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwiches
Southwest Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches are easy to make. They’re flavorful and they save well. I usually make a big batch of tofu scramble and save it + reheat all week! These are also incredible in tortillas for burritos. So try that out too if that’s your thing! Lastly, they’re kid-friendly. Gracie loves this recipe too. It’s full of protein, veggies… foods perfect for adults and kids alike!
1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 block of organic tofu (we like Wildwood)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh kale, chopped (either works!)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tbs. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs. paprika
- pink salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- English muffins (we love Rudi’s Organics)
- optional: Daiya cheez slices
- Begin by sautéing the peppers in a bit of oil, or water.
- About five minutes in, add in the tofu. Break it up and let it cook until it starts to brown.
- Add black beans, kale, and salsa. Then add in the seasonings.
- Let everything sit together on medium heat until it’s well-mixed.
- Toast your english muffins (then add on a cheez slice if you want to) then top them with the scramble.
- Serve and enjoy! (They’re great with hot sauce!)
I hope you enjoy these delicious southwest tofu scramble breakfast sandwiches. Let me know if you try them out! Use the hashtag #livingincoloreats to share on Instagram so I can share too!