If you follow me on Instagram you know that healthy veggie bowls are sort of my thing. I cannot get enough of freshly roasted veggies topped with all sorts of delicious things for dipping! Wondering how to make these? Keep reading for my best tips on roasting veggies, assembling bowls, and what to top them with!
HOW TO PREPARE AND ASSEMBLE HEALTHY VEGGIE BOWLS
Note: I’m sharing all of the veggies I use in my bowls, but usually I only pick one potato, one green, one extra veggie, etc. I don’t use all of these in one bowl. I just wanted to share how I prepare each veggie so you can handpick what you decide to include! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂
- Carrots peeled and sliced in half
- Zucchini peeled and sliced in half
- Summer squash peeled and sliced in half
- Whole sweet potatoes
- Whole russet potatoes
- brussel sprouts
- Collard greens and/or kale
- Various toppings
- Gather your ingredients and get ready to do tons of prep. (The good news is we can prep veggies in bulk!)
- For the potatoes: roast them at 425° for 45 minutes.
- For the carrots: roast at 425° for 45 minutes with coconut oil, pink salt, and chili powder.
- For the zucchini, summer squash, and cauliflower: roast with pink salt and pepper at 350° for 35 minutes.
- For the brussel sprouts and broccoli: steam for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Choose which veggies you want for your bowl, then store the rest. I usually make enough to last me a week.
- Top your veggies! (See below for my favorite toppings.
- Enjoy 🙂
WHAT TOPPINGS DO I USE ON MY VEGGIE BOWLS?
- Cedar’s Hommus
- Kite Hill almond milk spread
- hemp hearts
- Sari Foods nutritional yeast
- cherry tomatoes
- my roasted chickpeas (I really need to share this recipe! soon!)
- sliced avocado
- broccoli sprouts and/or micro greens
- fresh cut bell pepper
- red beet fermented probiotic sauerkraut
SHOP THE POST:
I hope you love making these veggie bowls as much as I do. They’ve become a staple for dinner (or any meal really. If you do decide to try them out, be sure to share and use the hashtag #LivinginColorEats so I can see your fun spin on the veggie bowls + see your review!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider pinning one of the images below so that other people can find this recipe and enjoy it too!
Thank you so much for reading!